lasting from 1 hour up to 28 days.
How it works
Create an account
Download the Cuvva app and sign up, in minutes.
Search for the vehicle
Enter the registration plate of the vehicle you want to get covered on.
Choose how long
From 1 hour to 28 days, to cover all your driving needs.
Pay for the policy and drive away. There's even the option to extend!
When to use temporary van insurance
Benefits of temporary van insurance
- Policies start instantly
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Quick and easy to get insured
- Policies last from 1 hour to 28 days
Use cases for temporary van insurance
Test driving a van
Temporary van for small businesses
Safety tips for driving a van
Although you only require a normal driving licence to drive some vans, the difference in how they handle compared with a car can be quite different. If you’re thinking about purchasing temporary van insurance but unsure about how vans drive, here are a few things to keep in mind…
No rearview mirror
When driving a van that has no rearview mirror you’ll realise just how much you use the one in your car. It makes a big difference and will require you to rely on your wing mirrors more often. Before driving, make sure you’ve adjusted the wing mirrors so you can clearly see what’s going on behind the van.
Manoeuvring around sharp bends
Even with vans that aren’t much longer than the average car, the turning radius that is required to get around bends and roundabouts can be quite different. Longer vans require you to take a wider angle around a bend, otherwise you may end up hitting a curb or cutting a corner.
Without a rearview mirror and with the added length of a van, parallel parking can become more of a struggle. If you’re not used to driving vans it can be handy to look out for parking spaces with extra space around them or to ask someone to help you when reversing the vehicle.
Watch how our temporary van insurance works
What our customers love
What a fantastic app and company to use. Cuvva have made something that used to use up a fair amount of time and effort into something so simple! Once set up on the app it actually takes 30 seconds to be insured!
Easy to use and gives peace of mind. My husband could borrow my friend’s car for a couple of hours work – no hassle whatsoever.
The whole concept behind Cuvva changes the rules on car insurance and creates a genuinely useful and innovative way to think about driving. I would recommend the app without any hesitation.
Need temporary car insurance?
Frequently asked questions
Who can we cover?
What vehicles can we cover?
Currently, we can insure cars and vans. There are a number of variable rules set by our underwriter that affect what vehicles you can get insured on such as how long you have held your licence and the insurance group of the vehicle. Also, there are some set rules, which are:
- cannot be older than 20 years
- must be between insurance groups 1 – 20
- cannot have modifications of any kind
- cannot be scrapped
- must be valued at above £1 and below £20,000
That is not an exhaustive list but it gives you a good indication of what vehicles we can currently insure. As we continue to grow, the range of vehicles we can insure should always keep expanding.
To see if we can insure you on a specific vehicle it’s best to get a quote in our app.
What will you need to purchase insurance from us?
- A photo of government approved photo ID (typically, this will either be your passport or your Driving Licence)
- A UK DVLA driving licence number (we use this to check whether you have any motoring convictions and to verify the name, address and date of birth)
- Your own UK debit/credit card to make the payment
- Declared all incidents (at fault/not at fault) that you have been involved, as a driver, passenger or named driver, in the last 5 years.
- Been a resident in the UK for the past 3 years or have been a long-term resident within the last 5 years who’s back visiting the UK.
- Permission from the owner of the vehicle