Supervising a learner driver

Our learner driver insurance

Whether you want to share the drive with a friend or relative, or get in some extra practice on top of your driving lessons, you can get a temporary learner’s policy with Cuvva.

You’ll need to have a supervisor, though.

Our rules for supervisors

Your supervisor will need to:

  • Be over 25 years old
  • Be qualified to drive the type of vehicle you’re learning in (for example, someone with an automatic licence can only supervise you in an automatic car)
  • Have held their full licence for at least 5 years

Other insurers may have different requirements - so if you’re getting covered with another provider, make sure you check out their rules first.

They don’t have to be insured

Your supervisor doesn’t have to be insured on the vehicle you’re driving, or on any other vehicle.

But remember that it’d be illegal for them to actually drive the car without insurance, even if it was just to help you out.

So it might be worth them getting a temporary insurance policy too, just in case they do need to take over for any reason.

How well did that answer your question?
Any questions?
We're here to help 24/7. Just ask.