There are a few reasons why we may not be able to offer you insurance at the moment.
Since mobile car insurance is such a new concept, we have a lot of restrictions set by the underwriter of the policy. Along with age restrictions, there are also limitations on which vehicle you may insure yourself on due to how long you have held your licence, amongst other factors.
– Short-term (provisional licence): 17-45
– Short-term (full licence): 19-65 (but you must have held your licence for at least a year if you are under 21)
– Subscription: 21-75
Vehicles must fit into the following valuation brackets:
– Short-term: £0-£40,000 (or up to £20,000 for vans)
– Subscription: £5,000-£75,000
We cannot offer insurance on the following vehicles:
– those with modifications
– those that have been scrapped or impounded
– rental cars
– company/business vehicles
– those older than 15 years (or up to 20 years for vans)
Each underwriter will also categorise vehicles into a specific insurance group – if your vehicle falls into a group, outside our restrictions, we must adhere to the rules provided.
IncidentsIf within the last 5 years, any of the following applies, then we will not be able to offer a policy to that customer:
- The customer has 3 or more non-glass incidents, regardless of fault
- The customer has 4 or more glass incidents, regardless of fault
- The customer is under 21 years old with 1 or more at-fault incident
– too many points on your licence
– licence denied
You can read more about it in this in-depth blog post here: https://blog.cuvva.com/why-cant-you-cuvva-me/